Star Wars Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff.

+2
Darth Macht
The Force
6 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff. - Page 5 Empty Re: PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff.

Post by The Force Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:28 am

No, I don't have time to read too much anymore. I was planning to until someone told me not to and explained why.
Drew's a really good author, but... come on, Drew. Bad! Bad BioWare!

~Em
The Force
The Force

Administrator

ID : The Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff. - Page 5 Empty Re: PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff.

Post by Phinn Master Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:11 pm

I know. He can sure weave a great tale in both books and video games. However, I was quite disappointed with how the ending was handled. But, when SWTOR does go f2p, I will try to speed through it just to find out what happens in the end. I mean, the book was building up to an exciting climax, and then was like... CLIFFHANGER! NOW, PLAY SWTOR! Razz
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

ID : Phinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:26 pm

What is the title of the book? I want to read it... Razz
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

ID : captainBrickmaster/cBm

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Revan. Simply Revan. It is a pretty good read when it comes down to it... Except for that ending... You might like it though. Check it out!
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:03 pm

PHINN, you went to PAX? Lucky, lucky boy! Razz

And IMHO, I am part of a small group of friends who ardently believe that Halo 4 is bringing disgrace to the franchise. Please don't be insulted, it's just our opinion.

We got attached to the good ol' Covenant enemies and the good ol' weapons, and the new stuff is just... well, it's hard to get used to something new when you've been playing with the old stuff for some time. Plus the new Jackals and the Spartan IV's are just plain ugly. Rolling Eyes It's like Star Wars after Luke and all the characters you knew and loved from the original films... died. It just feels strange and upsetting.

Just a useless opinionated rant from an oldie gamer... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:35 am

Ehhhh, there are points and counterpoints to that. Honestly, it's always a good idea to keep an open mind when it comes to games, but that's just me. Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

ID : Emjajoas1

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:50 am

Yep, third year going to PAX. Razz

Man, you are the second person who has complained about the lack of Covenant.
Newsflash! The Covenant AND their weapons are in the game. Razz
Personally, after fighting the same enemies for 11 years, (2 for me Razz), it is good for some change, to at least be fighting some Prometheans. Also, a lot of the Spartan IVs look pretty sick (see the operator specialization). Razz However, the Spartan II and III armor was mostly better.

And, when did Luke die? Razz

Last edited by Phinn Master on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : And the Jackals were ugly sons of guns in the first place. :P)
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 am

I play Halo more for the story, so I'm excited that they're going to be doing more characterization with Chief and Cortana, but that's just me. Razz

Either way, I'm glad 343 is breathing new life in the series-- I'd prefer the route they're going in now than to have it end. Razz

And Luke didn't die, I think he was using that as an example.
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:27 am

Guys, spoilers, seriously. Razz

Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

ID : captainBrickmaster/cBm

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:58 am

Actually I don't think any spoilers were mentioned? Just common knowledge, no details. Broad points, but nothing specific. Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:58 am

That's like how most people feel about The Clone Wars series.

SOMETHING has to happen to Ahsoka before the end of the series, either she has to die or she has to become a fully-fledged knight (which she's too young to, imo) because Anikan does NOT have an apprentice in Episode III.
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

ID : spacedude1234567

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:03 am

Same Em, I love Halo's story. Will I be playing a bunch of the multiplayer? Yes, but when it comes down to it, I get the game for its campaign.
Oh, and Spartan Ops looks flipping awesome too! Razz
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:53 pm

That's kind of how I feel. Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:08 pm

@Em and PHINN

I know the Covenant are in the game, I've known that since it was announced.

It's just the fact that they're taking the back seat to these Prometheans.

And it really is a matter of opinion. Some people like the looks of the Prometheans and Spartan IV's, some people, like me, think they look ugly and the Covenant and Spartan IIs and IIIs were more epic.

I know keeping an open mind is good. I don't think it's going to be absolutely terrible, I just prefer the older games. I am glad that Chief is coming back, as well as some older weapons that were removed in Reach, like the Battle Rifle. Frankly, though, my favorite in the series was ODST. It RULED. cheers

And Luke does, in fact, die. The Star Wars timeline has gone long past that, in fact. No one from the films is left alive except for C3PO and R2-D2, and they've gone missing. So, yeah. It's sad now. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Luke is a Force ghost, along with Obi-wan, Yoda, Qui-gon, Anikan, and a few others. So they're TECHNICALLY still around. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Firox: Oh, yeah. I though you meant there had been a specific novel or something with his death. But again, Luke has to die. And in the timeline, he has died, but there hasn't been anything specific about it. They just went about a hundred years into the future....

I never said I liked the looks of the Prometheans a great deal more than you do, but in the end, does it really matter? You are shooting them all in the face anyway. Razz Halo 4 is going to be great. Razz
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:12 pm

I imagine he died of old age, like Yoda. One does not simply kill Luke Skywalker. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 pm

@PHINN

Well, it's no good for us to argue about it. Spartan Ops does sound awesome, actually... Enjoy it! Smile

@SD

Yes, he died of old age.

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:36 am

See, I told you it would wear off! Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:07 pm

What would wear off?

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:33 pm

The quoting. Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 pm

LMB-itis in general. The side effect of putting a Razz emote in very message is permanent. So far... Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:59 am

Your quoting addiction is gone!
Phew. The forum is so much more tidier now! Razz
Back when I first started on the MBs I rarely used that darn tongue smiley.
Now I use it a lot. Razz Oh well. Razz
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:26 am

I Razz think Razz that Razz I Razz like Razz to Razz use Razz it Razz too. Razz

What Razz do Razz you Razz think?

Razz

Firox
Feelin' trolly... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:13 pm

Help.... I do not know if I should make my character the Grand Master or an up and coming Knight... Ideas, comments, suggestions? Razz
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next